Developing an App and publish it online does not mean your app will be the next hit without the extra work, let us discover how we can improve our user experience and push our app to success.
Animations are an essential inclusion in your app design but like anything, if it were too much it might overwhelm the user and distract them for the main workflow of your app, animations will need to be a balanced and subtle enough to give life to the app.
In the app design phase, you will need to consider including :
- Page Transitions, this where your user move from a screen to another.
- Informative Animation, Animation should be logical and have a sense, it should not be random and it should flow naturally.
- Walkthrough Animation, this is the first couple screens your user will view for their first-time usage of your app, those screens should display a simple tutorial on how to use your app using animations.
When the user interacts with your app, the app needs to inform back of the actions taken by the user through the usage of :
- Feedback Animations, an example is when the user taps on a button a subtle animation or simple color change should take effect to inform the user that the action has taken effect.
- Feedback Screens or windows, an example is when the user performs an action like submitting a form, once the process is finished the app should display a feedback window informing the user with the results of their actions.
- Ongoing Process, like the example above when the user is performing an action a loading animation should be displayed informing the user that the action is in the process, this way the user will not think that the app is frozen or broken.
Crash reporting is a must, you will need to get real-time insights of new issues or bugs in the app as soon as they occur, this should not add an extra cost to the app development especially with free of cost available services and tools, you need to ask your developer to include it in your app development.
As for crash reporting, app performance monitoring is a must and does not extra cost to your app development, you can trace and summarize the app performance and generate reports for each section of your app and most important monitoring HTTP calls your app may make.
Customize how your app will be rendered for each of your users when needed, you can make the users feel special by supplying customized contents targeted for them based on their usage of your app.
Use Google Free App Indexing service to re-engage users with contents in your app related to their searches, if your app is not installed on the user device an installation card will show for them giving them the chance to install your app.
Use machine learning to create dynamic users groups based on the app usage analytics and user behavior, do not let the term machine learning throw you off as it is costs less than you think.
Keep your app as simple as needed, make dominated features of your app easy to access, and create a logical workflow for your app.
Employ data caching when appropriate, no need to make HTTP call everytime the user lands on a screen, if the data is not a real-time type then cache it on the device.
User modern techniques that users expect your app does like
- Pull to refresh.
- Hide Top Navigation and bottom bars when the user scrolls down and show it when they scroll up.
- Use Autocomplete when the user is searching.
- Use push notifications when appropriate and not everywhere.
- Integrate the app with social media and allow for sharing, liking, and invitations.
- use 3rd part identity service providers like google, facebook, and twitter, your users likely trust those providers and your app will give them the confidence of your app security.
If you have any questions email us on email@example.com for free advice we will be more than happy to answer your questions and guide you through your app development process.